Based in our London office, and part of our Banking Practice, Antti Pesonen focuses on domestic and cross-border syndicated credit, acquisition finance and other leveraged finance transactions. He advises both borrowers and banks throughout Europe. He is admitted as an English solicitor.
Read Full Biography...
- FNAC in the financing of its public takeover of Darty
- Alliance Automotive, Aston Martin, Center Parcs, Gestamp Automoción, Ideal Shopping, Jack Wolfskin, Logicor, Residomo, Versace and Voyage Care in connection with their financings
- Intertrust on its IPO facilities and on the financing of its acquisition of Elian
- TRW in connection with its takeover by ZF Friedrichshafen
- Blackstone in connection with various financings including Acetow, Armacell, Alliance Automotive Group, Ideal Shopping, Intertrust, ATC, Joa Casinos, Schenck Process and United Biscuits, as well as Celanese, Gerresheimer, Sulo, Klockner Pentaplast, ICS and Cineworld
- Polymer Group in the financing of its public takeover of Fiberweb plc
- Hg Capital in refinancings of TeamSystem and Voyage Care
- KKR in multiple acquisition financings, including for its $1.8 billion acquisition of Oriental Brewery and its acquisition of Pets at Home, in financing related to its investment in Visma and in the mezzanine financing in Worldpay
- PPL Corporation in financing related to its £4 billion acquisition of E.ON’s U.K. Central Networks electricity distribution business
- Apax Partners in senior secured debt financings for its acquisition of Takko Group and its purchase of a majority stake in Sophos plc and in a PIK financing for New Look
- Aluminum Corporation of China (Chinalco) in financing related to its $14 billion acquisition of a minority stake in Rio Tinto
College of Law, London, 1999 (LPC)
College of Law, London, 1998 (CPE)
School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, 1997 B.A.
Antti Pesonen is a Partner in the Corporate Department at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. Antti specializes in domestic and cross-border syndicated credit, acquisition finance and other leveraged finance transactions, acting on behalf of both borrowers and banks throughout Europe.
Antti received his Legal Practice Certificate in 1999 from the College of Law in London and his B.A. in 1997 from the University of London (School of Oriental and African Studies).