Multinational corporations across the globe rely on our International Arbitration Practice for high-stakes matters when their business reputation or commercial relationships are at risk. Clients understand we provide the practical, comprehensive and efficient advice needed to achieve favorable results. We have a track record of success in taking cases through trial and final awards in major international arbitration venues such as Paris, London, Geneva, The Hague, Singapore, New York and Washington, D.C.
Our lawyers also act as arbitrators and teach international law and international arbitration at top law schools, and have held appointments within such leading international institutions as the ICC, ICSID and the International Court of Justice. Clients appreciate the heritage of our practice, which has included such former partners as Cyrus Vance, the Secretary of State under President Carter, and Conrad Harper, the Legal Advisor to the Department of State under President Clinton.
- Hanwha Group and ORIX Corporation in a billion-dollar ICC arbitration arising out of the sale of Korea Life Insurance Company
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation in winning a supply price reduction for a blockbuster drug following three separate trials in an ICC arbitration
- New Brunswick Power in achieving a successful settlement of an ICDR arbitration and parallel federal court action against Venezuelan entities to enforce a long-term contract
- Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting) in one of the largest-ever ICC arbitrations in which Andersen Consulting achieved an alimony-free divorce from the Andersen network
- General Electric and Bechtel in ICC, AAA and bilateral investment treaty international arbitrations arising out of India’s expropriation of the multibillion-dollar Dabhol Power Project in Maharashtra, India
- The Dominican Republic in two international investment treaty arbitrations and a companion ICC case stemming from privatization of the country’s electricity sector