As a Partner in our Capital Markets Practice, Andy Keller has extensive experience in corporate finance transactions. He has represented both underwriters and issuers in public and private sales of high yield and investment grade debt securities, as well as IPOs, equity-linked offerings and new financial products. He also advises public companies on ongoing public reporting matters and corporate governance issues. Andy previously practiced in our Hong Kong office and serves on the Firm’s Opinion and Compliance Committees.
Read Full Biography...
- Represented Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc., a publicly traded REIT, in the re-launch of its mortgage origination business via a $660 million common stock offering, and in its $172.5 million convertible notes offering and $260 million follow-on common stock offering
- Represented Allegion US Holding Company Inc. in a $300 million high yield debt offering to finance its spin-off from Ingersoll-Rand plc
- Represented Toronto-Dominion Bank in $9 billion of debt offerings in 2013
- Represented the underwriters and deal managers in an offering by Mondelez International, Inc. of €2.4 billion of senior notes and the related tender offers by Mondelez of approximately $3.4 billion of outstanding senior notes
- Acted as designated underwriters counsel in multiple debt offerings by Berkshire Hathaway, including an $8 billion public offering of debt securities to finance its acquisition of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation
- Represented the U.S. Treasury in its dispositions of certain TARP investments, including public auctions of its warrant positions in various financial institutions
Columbia Law School, 1983 J.D.
Columbia Law Review
Lafayette College, 1980 B.S.
(Chem. Engrg.), Phi Beta Kappa
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Andrew R. Keller is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department. He has broad experience in corporate finance transactions representing both underwriters and issuers in public and private sales of investment grade and high yield debt securities, initial public offerings, equity-linked offerings and new financial products. Andy also advises public companies on ongoing public reporting matters and corporate governance issues.
Andy has recently represented Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc., a publicly traded REIT, in the re-launch of its mortgage origination business via a $660 million common stock offering. Andy has also advised issuers and underwriters in many debt and equity offerings in the financial, energy and utilities industries, including in offerings for Toronto-Dominion Bank, Noble Corporation and PPL Corporation.
Andy has also represented underwriters and issuers in equity-linked offerings and new financial products, including convertible debt offerings, equity units, trust preferred securities and mandatorily exchangeable trust securities.
Andy has previously practiced in the firm’s Hong Kong office, where he represented underwriters and companies in a number of public and private securities offerings and joint ventures and in the formation of private equity funds.
Andy has been a Partner at Simpson Thacher since January 1994. He received his B.S. (Chem. Engrg.), summa cum laude, from Lafayette College in 1980 and his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1983, where he was an Editor of the Columbia Law Review. Andy is a member of the American, New York State and New York City Bar Associations and serves on the Firm’s Opinion and Compliance Committees.