A Corporate Partner in the Firm's New York office, Anthony Vernace counsels private equity firms and public companies in mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, recapitalizations and other corporate transactions. Anthony also regularly counsels clients on corporate governance, shareholder activism and general corporate and securities law matters. Anthony has received recognition for his work on numerous marquee M&A transactions on behalf of private equity firms and public companies, including being named by The Legal 500 as a “Next Generation Lawyer” in M&A: Large Deals in 2017 and by Law360 as a “Rising Star” in M&A for 2016 and an “MVP” in Private Equity for 2014.
Read Full Biography...
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products’ announced $8 billion sale to General Mills
- Microsoft Corporation's $28.2 billion acquisition of LinkedIn; its acquisitions of Nokia Corporation’s phone business and Skype; and its investment in Barnes & Noble’s NOOK business
- Blackstone in acquisitions of and investments in Ascend Learning, First Eagle, Gates Corporation, Crocs, Patria and Travelport
- Genesee & Wyoming in numerous acquisitions, including RailAmerica, the west end of the Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railroad, the Arkansas Division of Pinsly Railroad Company and the Providence and Worcester Railroad Company
- BC Partners and PetSmart in connection with PetSmart’s acquisition of Chewy, Inc.
- TeamHealth's $6.1 billion sale to Blackstone
- ADT's $15 billion sale to Apollo Global Management
- TRW's $13.5 billion sale to ZF Friedrichshafen
2017 “Next Generation Lawyer” in M&A: Large Deals, The Legal 500
2016 “Rising Star” in M&A, Law360
2014 “MVP” in Private Equity, Law360
Columbia Law School, 2005 J.D.
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Columbia Business Law Review
Fordham University, 2002 B.S.
summa cum laude
- New York City Bar Association
- Excellence Community Schools, Member, Board of Directors
Anthony Vernace is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department, where he specializes in the representation of private equity firms and public companies in mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and other corporate transactions. Anthony also regularly counsels clients on corporate governance, shareholder activism and securities law matters. His clients span a wide range of industries and include leading technology, transportation, healthcare, industrial, financial services and consumer products companies. Anthony was recognized by The Legal 500 as a “Next Generation Lawyer” in M&A: Large Deals in 2017 and by Law360 as a “Rising Star” in M&A for 2016 and an “MVP” in Private Equity for 2014.
Selected private equity M&A transactions on which Anthony has worked include the representation of:
- The Blackstone Group and CPPIB in connection with their acquisition of Ascend Learning, Blackstone in its $5.4 billion acquisition of Gates Corporation, its $200 million investment in Crocs, Inc., its acquisition of a 40% stake in Patria and its $4.3 billion acquisition of Travelport and Blackstone and Corsair in their majority investment in First Eagle Investment Management
- BC Partners and PetSmart, Inc. in connection with PetSmart’s acquisition of Chewy, Inc.
- Atairos Group in connection with its acquisition of General Atlantic’s approximately 26% ownership stake in TriNet Group, Inc. for approximately $440 million
- Team Health Holdings, Inc. in connection with its sale to funds affiliated with Blackstone and certain co-investors in a transaction valued at approximately $6.1 billion
- ADT in connection with its $15 billion sale to Apollo Global Management
- Apax Partners and ALM Media in ALM Media’s sale to Wasserstein & Co. and Apax Partners, CPPIB and the Public Sector Pension Investment Board in their $6.8 billion acquisition of Kinetic Concepts, Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co. in the sale of a majority interest in its Embedded Computing & Power business to Platinum Equity
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Vestar Capital Partners and Centerview Partners in their $5.3 billion acquisition of Del Monte Foods Company
- Hellman & Friedman in its $640 million acquisition of Internet Brands, Inc.
- Corsair Capital as the lead investor in National City's $7 billion capital raise
Selected strategic M&A transactions on which Anthony has worked include the representation of:
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products in connection with its announced $8 billion sale to General Mills
- Team Health in connection with its $1.6 billion acquisition of IPC Healthcare
- TRW in its $13.5 billion sale to ZF Friedrichshafen
- Microsoft Corporation in its $28.2 billion acquisition of LinkedIn, its $7.2 billion acquisition of Nokia Corporation’s phone business, its $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype and its $300 million investment in Barnes & Noble’s NOOK business
- Genesee & Wyoming in numerous transactions, including its $1.4 billion acquisition of RailAmerica, its $210 million acquisition of the west end of the Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railroad from Canadian Pacific, its acquisition of the Arkansas Division of Pinsly Railroad Company and its $126 million acquisition of Providence and Worcester Railroad Company
- Big Heart Pet Brands in its $5.8 billion sale to The J.M. Smucker Company
- TD Bank Group in its $668 million acquisition of Epoch Holding Corporation
- Ameriprise Financial in its $1 billion acquisition of the long-term asset management business of Columbia Management from Bank of America
- The Bank of Nova Scotia in its $5.6 billion FDIC-assisted acquisition of R-G Premier Bank of Puerto Rico
Anthony received his J.D. in 2005 from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. He received his B.S., summa cum laude, from Fordham University in 2002. Anthony is admitted to practice in New York.