Janet Gochman is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Department. Janet has had significant experience working on a variety of complex commercial litigations, most recently focused on securities and ERISA litigation. In addition, Janet has coordinated the response of the Firm and corporate clients to multiple insider trading investigations by the SEC, NYSE and FINRA.
Read Full Biography...
New York University School of Law, 1993 J.D.
magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
Tufts University, 1987 B.A.
New York 1994
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 1996
Janet Gochman is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Department. Janet has had significant experience working on a variety of complex commercial litigations. Most recently her Practice has focused on securities and ERISA litigation.
Her representations include:
- La Quinta in a securities litigation related to its plans for renovations and the oil market
- KKR in shareholder litigation challenging KKR’s acquisition of KFN
- JPMorgan Chase in a putative class action alleging breach of contract and fiduciary duty in connection with the sale of proprietary products
- UBS in a putative class action alleging breach of contract and fiduciary duty in connection with certain closed-end mutual funds
- Former officers of Lehman in ERISA litigation stemming from the Company's 2008 bankruptcy
- PXRE Reinsurance Company in related securities litigations brought in the wake of Hurricane Katrina
Janet also coordinates the response of corporate clients and the Firm to insider trading investigations by the SEC and FINRA. In addition to practicing at the Firm, Janet worked as an Assistant General Counsel at PaineWebber, Inc., managing complex litigation arising out of PaineWebber’s capital markets businesses.
She received her B.A., cum laude, from Tufts University in 1987, and her J.D., magna cum laude, from New York University School of Law in 1993, where she was elected to the Order of the Coif and received the American Jurisprudence award in Property.
She is admitted to practice in New York.