Former Chairman, Executive Committee
Pete Ruegger is a Retired Partner with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. Mr. Ruegger served as the Chairman of the Firm’s Executive Committee from 2004 to 2013.
Mr. Ruegger advised clients on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, corporate governance, investigations, corporate finance and general corporate and securities law matters. Mr. Ruegger represented principals on a number of significant merger transactions and advised many of the Firm’s regular clients.
Mr. Ruegger joined Simpson Thacher in 1974 and became a Partner in 1981. He was a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee from 1993 through 2013.
• Member of the Board of Directors of The Travelers Companies, Inc.
• Chairman of the Board of Henry Street Settlement
• 2013 Recipient of the Legal Aid Society’s Servant of Justice Award
• Honorary Trustee, Natural Resources Defense Council
• Association of the Bar of the City of New York
||University of Virginia School of Law, 1974 J.D.
||Dartmouth College, 1971 B.A.
magna cum laude;
Phi Beta Kappa