We are firmly committed to the advancement of our women attorneys. We are very proud that 39 partners (including two department chairs and one practice group head), 27 senior counsel and counsel, and 42% of all associates at the Firm are women, and we are committed to growing these numbers. Our women attorneys are nationally-ranked leaders and experts in their fields. To learn more about our Women's Initiative, please click here.
We understand that promoting gender equality is a broad-based goal, involving issues of recruiting, training and mentoring, work-family balance, elevation to partnership and promotion within the partnership and the legal community. With this in mind, the Firm's Executive Committee launched our Women's Initiative with the following components:
- Establishing the Women’s Committee as a standing Firm committee
- Promoting women’s career development
- Enhancing flexible working arrangements
- Sponsoring more women-oriented events
- Finding more avenues to support global women's issues
Simpson Thacher was named among the 2009 “Best Law Firms for Women” by Working Mother Magazine and Flex-Time Lawyers LLC.