Simpson Thacher & Bartlett's Corporate Governance practice combines professionals from our corporate, litigation and executive compensation departments to provide advice regarding the governance of public companies and the evolving responsibilities of their directors and senior management. We have broad experience in every aspect of corporate governance, including:
- advice to boards of directors and to committees of boards of directors regarding governance and compliance matters
- the establishment or modification of governance documents to comply with current requirements and best practices
- the establishment and documentation of disclosure controls and procedures pursuant to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- structuring executive compensation plans to meet new legislative and regulatory requirements
- conducting internal investigations by companies, boards of directors and audit committees
- responding to informal and formal SEC investigations
We have developed an extensive library of memoranda analyzing recent developments in this area and regularly publish memoranda regarding all major legislative, regulatory and stock exchange developments affecting corporate governance.