To address their hedging and financing needs, clients turn to our premier Derivatives Practice for in-depth legal and strategic advice on the ideation, structuring and execution of all types of complex and innovative derivatives transactions, including equity, fixed income, FX, commodity, credit and fund-linked derivatives.
Our derivatives lawyers team with the Firm’s practices in bank finance, capital markets, investment management, private equity, strategic M&A and tax to advise on transactions such as:
- Interest rate swaps, caps, floor, swaptions, forward-starting rate hedges
- Currency forwards, swaps, options
- Commodity swaps, forwards, options, collars (oil and gas, power, gold)
- Deal-contingent hedges against rate or price risks
- OTC hedging and monetization transactions involving forwards, options, collars and total return swaps
- Structured issuer share repurchases (accelerated share repurchases, forward shares repurchases, issuer puts, collars)
- Issuer call spreads and capped calls
- Registered stock borrow facilities
- Structured financing transactions (swaps, forwards or options linked to equity securities, convertible securities)
Since its inception, our Derivatives Practice has been recognized globally as an industry leader by Chambers USA, Chambers Global and IFLR1000
We counsel major financial institutions, corporations, hedge funds, private equity funds, mutual funds, insurance companies, sovereigns, and high-net-worth individuals. We also keep our clients current on ongoing legislative and regulatory developments in securities, banking, tax and bankruptcy laws. In particular, we have been helping our clients navigate changes in the regulatory landscape, advising them on compliance with derivatives regulations under Dodd-Frank, as well as the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).