Even the most well-run company encounters disputes, rumors and bad luck. With the benefit of experienced counsel, disruptions can be handled effectively so that the company emerges with any flaws corrected, and its brand, reputation and operations intact.
We advise clients to consider potential risks, even before the first signs of distress, to avoid business disruptions altogether. What is at stake is the company’s reputation and brand as well as the trust and loyalty of stakeholders, including the company’s shareowners. We have advised clients worldwide on such internal and external crisis triggers as:
- Accounting improprieties and restatements
- Regulatory investigations and inquiries
- Catastrophic litigation
- Adverse financial reports
- Operational issues such as product recalls, accidents and disasters
- Abrupt changes in senior management
- Data breaches and other tech-related vulnerabilities
- Unfavorable commentary disseminated across the internet and social media
- Whistleblower claims of fraud and misconduct
For public companies in particular, we offer the Public Company Advisory Practice, a dedicated group of lawyers who are devoted entirely to the issues faced by public companies. Drawing on the Firm’s organized practices in corporate matters, litigation, labor and executive compensation, we advise on such issues as corporate governance and ethics; directors’ and officers’ insurance; antitrust and privacy; and economic and trade sanctions. Working with clients proactively, we can help develop crisis management plans that create a culture of compliance, safety and risk management.