James Connor concentrates his practice on corporate transactions including public company takeovers and private M&A, equity capital markets and general corporate matters. Based in the Firm’s London office, he regularly advises private equity firms and corporate clients across a range of industries. Some of his recent transactions have included representing KKR, Blackstone, Aston Martin, Pets at Home, Melrose Industries and Groupe Fnac.
Read Full Biography...
- Groupe Fnac on its recommended cash and share offer for Darty Plc
- Pets at Home Group and KKR in Pets at Home’s London main market IPO
- Melrose on its disposals of its Crosby and Acco divisions to KKR and the £3.3 billion sale of its Elster business to Honeywell International Inc
- Aston Martin’s private placement of up to £200 million preference shares
- Nanjing Cenbest in its acquisition of a majority stake in House of Fraser
- KKR’s £288 million sale of shares in Pets at Home Group
- Blackstone and CVC’s £1.3 billion sale of shares in Merlin Entertainments
- Arle Capital Partners on its $1.12 billion sale of the Capital Safety Group
- Blackstone on its acquisition of Jack Wolfskin
Super Lawyers London, “M&A Rising Star” (2013-2014)
Nottingham Law School, 2002-2003 Legal Practice Course
Magdalene College, Cambridge University, 1999-2002
M.A. (Hons) Law
- Law Society of England and Wales
James Connor is Counsel in Simpson Thacher’s London office and a member of the Firm’s Corporate Department. James focuses his practice on corporate transactions including both public company takeovers and private M&A, equity capital markets (including IPOs) and general corporate law matters. He has represented private equity firms and corporate clients across a range of industries. James has particular experience in English law and UK regulation applicable to UK listed companies.
James received his M.A. with Honors, from Magdalene College, Cambridge in 2002 and a Diploma in Legal Practice, with Distinction, from Nottingham Law School in 2003.