Cited by clients for being “practical and solution-oriented” in his transactional work (Chambers 2013), Ken Wyman is a Partner in the Firm’s Energy and Infrastructure Practice. On a wide variety of energy financings, he has advised such clients as Barclays, Union Bank, RBS, Citibank, Credit Agricole, JPMorgan Chase, EverPower, KKR, Blackstone and First Reserve, and has frequently been designated as lenders’ counsel by developers such as Terra-Gen Power and Exelon Generation. Most recently, Ken has been involved in several landmark renewable energy financings representing both lenders and sponsors, including several project financings of the various phases of Terra-Gen Power’s Alta Wind power facility in Southern California—a 3000 megawatt wind initiative that is one of the largest U.S. wind development projects ever.
Read Full Biography...
- RBS, Barclays and Citibank as Initial Purchasers and Lenders in the $613 million Rule 144A financing of 13 wind generation projects owned by Continental Wind LLC, a subsidiary of Exelon generation
- KKR in the acquisition of a portfolio of solar PV projects from Recurrent Energy servicing the Sacramento Municipal Utility District and the tax equity partnership financing provided by Google
- Citibank, Barclays and Credit Suisse as Initial Purchasers and Lenders in the $1.2 billion Rule 144A leveraged lease financing of multiple phases of Terra-Gen Power’s Alta Wind facility
- Terra Firma in its acquisition of EverPower Wind Holdings, Inc. and the refinancing of EverPower’s Highland Wind project
- First Reserve in the $1.1 billion project financing of the Longview power project and separate project financing of the related Dunkard Creek water treatment facility
- JPMorgan Chase and the other lead arrangers in the $1.365 billion financing of the acquisition of six power plants by LS Power from Mirant
- Amoco, British Gas, Repsol and other sponsors in the project financing of the $1 billion Atlantic LNG liquefaction facility in Trinidad
University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1987 J.D.
Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 1984 B.S.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Kenneth S. Wyman is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department and is a member of the Firm’s Energy and Infrastructure Practice.
Ken has been identified as a leading practitioner by Chambers and Partners.
Ken has worked on various forms of financings of energy and infrastructure projects. He has most recently been involved representing initial purchasers, arrangers and lenders in several significant renewable energy financings, including two recent bond transactions financing wind generation assets pursuant to Rule 144A.
- Representation of RBS, Barclays and Citibank as Initial Purchasers and Lenders in the $613 million Rule 144A financing of 13 wind generation projects owned by Continental Wind LLC, a subsidiary of Exelon Generation Company
- Representation of Citibank, Barclays and Credit Suisse as Initial Purchasers and Lenders in the $1.2 billion Rule 144A leveraged lease financing of multiple phases of Terra-Gen Power’s Alta Wind facility
Ken has frequently worked on project financings and power asset portfolio financings that have been
sourced in the Term Loan B and bank markets.
- Representation of Barclays Capital in the $300 million holdco facility for Exgen Renewables I, a subsidiary of Exelon Generation Company
- Representation of Barclays Capital in the $250 million project financing of Cogentrix’s Cedar Bay power project
- Representation of Union Bank, RBS and Credit Agricole as Lead Arrangers in connection with multiple phases of the Terra-Gen Power’s Alta Wind facility
- Representation of JPMorgan Chase in the $1.365 billion acquisition/portfolio financing of LS Power power projects purchased from Mirant
- Representation of First Reserve in the $1.1 billion project financing of the Longview power project
Ken has significant experience in leveraged lease and other tax structured financings representing,
from time to time, the lessee, the lenders or the tax equity providers.
- Representation of Credit Suisse as sole underwriter in connection with the $940 million Rule 144A construction and leveraged lease project financing of the 400 MW Springville Unit 3 coal-fired electric generating facility leased by Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, awarded Euromoney’s Asset Finance International/U.S. Power Deal of the Year.
- Representation of KeySpan Energy Corp. as lessee in connection with the leveraged lease financing of its 250 MW expansion to the Ravenswood generating facility located in New York City
Ken also has experience in connection with various acquisitions and acquisition financings related to
power and other energy assets.
- Representation of KKR in connection with the acquisition of solar PV projects from Recurrent Energy and negotiation of tax equity investment from Google
- Representation of Terra Firma in connection with its acquisition of EverPowerWind Holdings, Inc., a leading wind developer in the United States
- Representation of Barclays Bank providing acquisition financing to IFM in connection with the Essential Power assets acquired from Con Edison
Ken also has represented Amoco, British Gas, Repsol and other sponsors in connection with the $1 billion
project financing of the Atlantic LNG liquefaction facility in Trinidad, one of the largest liquefaction facilities in the world.
Ken joined the Firm in 1987 and became a Partner in 1997. He received his B.S. from the Wharton
School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1984 and his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law in 1987. He was admitted to the New York Bar in 1988 and is a member of the American Bar Association and New York State Bar Association.