Based in our Hong Kong office, representing both private equity firms and corporations, Anthony King focuses on commercial real estate and corporate acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and other M&A transactions. His recent clients include Blackstone and Tyco. Anthony spent the first nine years of his career in Simpson Thacher’s New York office. He is proficient in Mandarin.
Read Full Biography...
- Blackstone in its investment in SCP Company Limited, a leading shopping mall owner and operator in China
- Blackstone in its investment in the Top Ryde shopping center in Sydney, Australia
- Blackstone’s acquisition of mortgage REIT Capital Trust’s investment management business and certain fund co-investments and its related investment in Capital Trust (now Blackstone Mortgage Trust)
- Blackstone in its $1.9 billion acquisition of the Motel 6 and Studio 6 Division from Accor
- Blackstone on the investment by China Investment Corporation in The Blackstone Group L.P. and Carlyle on certain of the investments in Carlyle by Mubadala Development Company
- Tyco International in the spin-off of its North American residential security and flow control businesses and the related $10 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction involving the merger of its flow control business with Pentair; in its $2 billion acquisition of Brink’s Home Security Holdings, Inc. (now operated by The ADT Corporation); and in its acquisition of a controlling stake in UAE-based KEF Holdings Ltd.
Harvard Law School, 2003 J.D.
Pomona College, 1997 B.A.
magna cum laude
Johns Hopkins University SAIS-Nanjing Center, 1998 Certificate in Chinese Studies
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Hong Kong 2014
New York 2004
Anthony King is a Partner in the Firm’s Real Estate and Corporate Departments in the Firm’s Hong Kong office. He specializes in a wide range of transactions involving commercial real estate and corporate acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and other mergers and acquisitions transactions. He also advises clients on corporate and securities laws and corporate governance matters.
Anthony represents both private equity firms and corporations. He has significant experience representing private equity sponsors and their affiliated funds, in particular The Blackstone Group L.P. and its affiliated funds. Anthony has recently represented Blackstone Real Estate Partners and Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities fund on a number of their recent transactions throughout Asia, including the representation of Blackstone’s real estate funds in their investments in SCP Company Limited, a leading shopping mall owner and operator in China; the Top Ryde shopping center in Sydney Australia; the Embassy Parks office parks in Bangalore, India; and various retail, office, mixed-use and light industrial/logistics commercial real estate transactions in China, India, Australia, Singapore and South Korea; and has represented Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities fund in its recent investments in the Quayside Collection at Sentosa Cove in Singapore and National Lifestyle Villages in Australia. Additional transactions for Blackstone include advising Blackstone in Blackstone’s acquisition of mortgage REIT Capital Trust, Inc.’s investment management business and certain fund co-investments, and its related investment in Capital Trust (now known as Blackstone Mortgage Trust); affiliates of Blackstone in their $1.9 billion acquisition of the Motel 6 and Studio 6 Division from Accor; and affiliates of Blackstone in their investments in Summit Materials, Vanguard Health Systems and RGIS Holdings. Anthony’s private equity representations also include the representation of Blackstone on the $3 billion investment in Blackstone by affiliates of the China Investment Corporation and The Carlyle Group on certain of the investments in Carlyle by Mubadala Development Company.
Anthony’s corporate transactions involve the representation of public and private corporate clients on a wide range of merger and acquisition transactions, minority and strategic investments, and other corporate matters. Anthony has represented Tyco International on a number of transactions, including the spin-off of its North American residential security and flow control businesses and the related $10 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction involving the merger of its flow control business with Pentair, Inc.; its acquisition of Chemguard, Inc.; its $300 million acquisition of a 75% equity stake in UAE-based, privately held KEF Holdings Ltd.; the sale of a majority interest in its Electrical & Metal Products business to affiliates of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC; and its $2 billion acquisition of Brink’s Home Security Holdings, Inc. (now operated by The ADT Corporation).
Anthony joined the Firm in 2003 and became Partner in 2013. He practiced in the New York office from 2003 through 2012. He received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Pomona College in 1997 and his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2003. Anthony is admitted to practice in New York and as a solicitor in Hong Kong.