Ismael Duran advises lenders, financial sponsors and corporate borrowers in connection with syndicated leveraged finance and other commercial lending transactions, including acquisition, bridge, asset-based and other corporate financings. Fluent in English, Spanish and French and admitted to practice in the New York and Spanish Bars, Ismael also represents financial institutions, sponsors and corporate borrowers in connection with bank financings in the Latin America region.
Read Full Biography...
- Represented Barclay’s $5 billion financing of Kinder Morgan Acquisitions
- Represented JPMorgan and Barclays in $12.5 billion bridge financing to Thermo Fisher Scientific in connection with Thermo Fisher’s acquisition of Life Technologies
- Represented Bank of America, BBVA, Banco Santander and Bancolombia in $600 million bridge financing of CFR Pharmaceuticals S.A.’s proposed cross-border acquisition of Adcock Ingram Holdings Limited
- Represented SCL, the airport concessionaire, in the refinancing of the debt related to the Santiago airport
- Represented AOL in financing in connection with the spin-off from Time Warner
Columbia Law School, 2005 LL.M.
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Fundacion Rafael del Pino Scholarship
Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain), 1996 Licenciado en Derecho
Ismael Duran is Counsel in the Firm’s Corporate Department. He advises lenders, financial sponsors and corporate borrowers in connection with bank syndicated leveraged finance and other commercial lending transactions, including acquisition, bridge, asset-based and other corporate financings. Admitted to practice in New York and Spain, Ismael also represents financial institutions, sponsors and corporate borrowers in connection with financings in the Latin America region.
Ismael has represented lenders and other financial institutions in connection with syndicated credit facilities, including JPMorgan, Barclays Capital and Goldman Sachs, among others. Ismael has also represented corporate borrowers in connection with their financing activities, including AOL, MasterCard and Travelers Companies. Ismael regularly represents lenders and sponsors in connection with the negotiation and implementation of credit facilities as they relate to Latin American clients or Latin American interests.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ismael was a corporate associate at Garrigues Abogados, a Spanish law firm, where he advised Spanish companies and counseled foreign clients with interests in Spain.
Ismael Duran received his law degree in 1996 from Universidad de Zaragoza in Spain and his LL.M. in 2005 from Columbia Law School. Ismael is fluent in English, Spanish and French.