Brian Gluck is a Partner in Simpson Thacher’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s Corporate Department. Brian’s primary area of concentration is banking and credit matters.
Brian regularly advises leading private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a variety of corporate finance transactions, including acquisition financings, bank and bridge loan financings, real estate financings and refinancing transactions. His clients have included The Blackstone Group, First Reserve Corporation, Vertical Bridge, Thomson Reuters, Gates Corporation, Stonepeak Partners, Invitation Homes, True Wind Capital, Technology Crossover Ventures and Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. In 2009 Brian represented the U.S. Treasury Department concerning certain financing arrangements for the Legacy Securities Public-Private Investment Program.
Representative transactions on which Brian has worked include:
- The Blackstone Group in connection with its $20 billion partnership with Thomson Reuters for the acquisition of Thomson Reuters' Financial & Risk Business
- The Blackstone Group and Hilton Worldwide Holdings in connection with a comprehensive refinancing, including $8.6 billion of senior secured bank facilities
- Vodafone Group Plc in connection with the sale of its interest in Verizon Wireless for $130 billion
- The Blackstone Group in connection with its $5.4 billion acquisition of Gates Corporation
- Blackstone Real Estate Partners and Invitation Homes in connection with its $2.075 billion revolving credit facility representing the largest national single-family rental home platform
- The Blackstone Group and Equity Office Properties in connection with a refinancing of CMBS and other debt with a $3.5 billion senior bank facility
- The Blackstone Group and Corsair Capital in connection with their majority investment in First Eagle Investment Management and $1.5 billion senior bank facility
- Digital Bridge Holdings, LLC and Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners in recapitalization of ExteNet Systems, Inc. for over $1 billion
- Spin-off of the CorePoint Lodging real estate business from La Quinta and the sale of La Quinta's remaining hotel and franchise business to Wyndham Worldwide
- Centerbridge Partners, GenNx360, the Wychwood Trust and certain of their affiliates as sponsors in the global financial restructuring of the syncreon Group
- Technology Crossover Ventures in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Watermark Insights
- True Wind Capital in its investment in Transflo
- Invitation Homes in its $1.8 billion IPO and related $2.5 billion debt financing
- Hilton Worldwide in its $1 billion senior notes offering and $3.225 billion term loan extension
- The ADT Corporation in its $15 billion sale to affiliates of Apollo Global Management
- Blackstone and its portfolio companies in the financings for multiple acquisitions and refinancings, including those for La Quinta, Refinitiv, Gates Corporation, MB Aerospace, First Eagle and JDA Software
Brian started his career at Simpson Thacher in 2006 and was made partner in 2016. He received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School as well as a certificate in business and public policy from the Wharton School of Business in 2006. He earned a B.S. degree, summa cum laude, from Yeshiva University in 2003 and received the Dean’s Award for Scholastic Achievement in Finance.