Concentrating in federal income taxation, Marcy Geller advises on financial products and derivatives, mergers and acquisitions, and the formation of and acquisitions by investment funds (including private equity and real estate opportunity funds). Her clients include many of the Firm’s private equity and investment banking clients. Marcy serves on the Executive Committee of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association, as well as on the Tax Committee of the nonprofit Partnership for New York City.
Read Full Biography...
- Represented Sirius XM Radio in its acquisition of Agero’s connected vehicle services unit and investment in Pandora
- Represented KKR in the formation of KKR Real Estate Partners America and KKR Real Estate Partners Europe, as well as its acquisitions, including Radisson Blue Minnesota, Legends Outlet Center and Sentio Healthcare Properties
- Represented KKR in its initial public offering of KKR Real Estate Finance Trust
- Represented Northwood in raising more than $825 million of additional capital for Evergreen Real Estate Private Equity Fund
- Represented Northwood in its acquisition of Ballantyne Corporate Park in excess of $1 billion
- Represented The Container Store Group in its initial public offering
- Represented the initial purchasers in the convertible senior subordinated note offering by ON Semiconductor and dealers in the concurrent bond hedge and warrant transactions
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2012-2018
New York University School of Law, 1997 J.D.
magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Annual Survey of American Law
New York University School of Law, 2000 LL.M.
University of Pennsylvania, 1994 B.S.
magna cum laude
- Executive Committee, Tax Section, New York State Bar Association
- Private Investment Fund Tax Forum
- New York City Tax Club
Marcy G. Geller is a Partner in the Firm's Tax Department. Marcy focuses on federal income taxation financial products and derivatives, mergers and acquisitions and the formation of and acquisitions by investment funds (including private equity and real estate opportunity funds).
Marcy has counseled a wide range of clients including, The Blackstone Group, JPMorgan Chase, Hovnanian Enterprises, KKR & Co., L.P., Lexington Partners, Northwood Investors, PPL Corporation and Sirius XM Radio, Inc. Marcy has also represented the United States Treasury with respect to their TARP and PPIF programs.
Marcy joined the Firm in 1997 and became a Partner in 2005. She received her B.S., magna cum laude, in 1994 from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and received her J.D., magna cum laude from New York University School of Law in 1997 where she was elected Order of the Coif. Marcy also earned an LL.M. in 2000 from New York University.
She is a member of the New York State Bar Association, where she serves on the Executive Committee of the Tax Section, and a member of the Private Investment Fund Tax Forum, the Tax Committee for the Partnership for New York City and the New York City Tax Club. Marcy has spoken at the Practicing Law Institute Financial Products Program and New York State Bar Association Summer and Annual Meetings. In addition, Marcy received a pro bono award from the Legal Aid Society.