For many of our women lawyers, Simpson Thacher is just one step in a long career journey. The Firm’s broad-based training provides the perfect foundation for women lawyers to pursue just about any opportunity the legal world has to offer.
We are incredibly proud of the accomplishments of our alumnae, many of whom have achieved high-ranking positions in the private sector, the judiciary, other government settings and in non-profit organizations.
Some of our notable alumnae include:
- General Counsel, TD Bank
- General Counsel for Europe, KKR
- Chief Operating Officer, Capitol Music Group
- Chief Operating Officer, China, Citadel Securities
- Commissioner, The Big East Conference
- Managing Director & Senior Counsel, Deutsche Bank AG
- Vice President & Assistant General Counsel, Goldman Sachs
- Managing Director and Associate General Counsel, JPMorgan Chase
- United States Bankruptcy Court Judge, Southern District of New York
- Trial Attorney, Department of Justice, Criminal and Fraud Divisions
- Executive Director of Pro Bono Services for the New York State Unified Court System
- Assistant United States Attorneys, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Assistant Counsel, Office of the General Counsel - U.S. House of Representatives
Non Profit Organizations
- General Counsel, The Robin Hood Foundation
- Chief Strategy Officer, Everytown for Gun Safety
- Litigation Director, Center for Reproductive Rights
- Director of the Refugee Assistance Project, City Bar Justice Center
We maintain close relationships with our alumnae through social events, CLE programming, and regular publications that keep our former colleagues informed about Firm news. We encourage our alumnae to stay in touch so that we can follow their careers and celebrate their successes. We also remain available to assist and advise our alumnae on their post-Simpson Thacher professional paths.