Industrials and manufacturing remain a cornerstone of the worldwide economy. Clients have long relied on Simpson Thacher to guide them on legal issues as new technologies flourish and international competition intensifies.
On behalf of companies in chemicals, construction and building, paper and packaging, and plastics, we address such needs as mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financings and corporate governance. Our representations have included:
- Ingersoll-Rand in the spin-off of its security businesses and its $370 million sale of majority interest in Hussmann International to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- Hyundai Rotem in its $585 million Korea IPO—at the time of the transaction, the largest IPO by a Korean company since 2010
- Chilean wood products and forestry company Celulosa Arauco in its $434.7 million purchase of Flakeboard
- Expro, a U.K.-based oilfield services provider, in its $630 million sale of its Connectors & Measurements business to Siemens
- Zoomlion H.K. SPV Co., Limited and its parent company in two senior notes offerings aggregating $1 billion
- KKR in its $3.9 billion acquisition of Gardner Denver, a manufacturer of compressors, pumps and other products for industrial applications