Natural resources are a vital part of the economy. Simpson Thacher lawyers have deep roots in the industry, including work for major coal producers and users as well as matters concerning the manufacturing and production of other minerals and metals.
Our representations have included:
- Secure Natural Resources’ announced acquisition by Fortress Value Acquisition
- Aura Minerals’ IPO and secondary offering of BDRs on the São Paulo Stock Exchange (B3)
- Global Brass and Copper Holdings’ merger with affiliate of Wieland-Werke AG
- U.S. Steel’s debt and equity offerings, aggregating over $10 billion
- Gerdau’s sale of its Texas wire rod mill and two downstream facilities to Optimus Steel, and the sale of certain of its U.S. rebar production, fabrication and placing operations to Commercial Metals Company
- Newmont’s $1 billion senior notes offering