From our office in Houston, we offer clients a compelling combination of energy and infrastructure industry knowledge, deep transactional experience and exceptional talent. Opened in 2011, the Houston office is a natural consequence of Simpson Thacher’s venerable, century-old energy practice. In particular, we enhance the Firm’s services on matters involving exploration and production, midstream, refining and petrochemicals, oil field, renewables and utilities and related service companies.
Our Houston team advises on transactions that span corporate disciplines, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity investments
- Syndicated loans
- Equity and debt offerings, including master limited partnerships
- Private funds, including fund formation, strategic acquisitions and “alternative investment” strategies
- Project financing and infrastructure development, derivatives and structured financings
- Restructuring and liability management
Clients rely on the on-the-ground support of our team of energy-focused attorneys who have been a part of the local fabric for many years. Our Houston team is augmented by a dedicated group of in-house certified professional and registered land title professionals with more than 40 years of experience, who help to satisfy the critical diligence role often required to successfully and efficiently complete our clients’ energy transactions.