Shannon O’Sullivan concentrates on the formation and operation of a diverse platform of private funds, including real estate funds; buyout funds; distressed debt/credit, mezzanine and senior loan funds; energy/infrastructure funds; and hedge funds, among other alternative arrangements. Shannon has represented leading sponsors of private equity funds such as Blackstone, Carlyle, GSO, Oaktree and Pátria. Shannon has also been involved in multiple pro bono and volunteer initiatives, including Venture for America, Reading Partners and Girls on the Run.
Read Full Biography...
- Blackstone in a number of fundraisings and co-investments, including the establishment of its seventh and eighth global opportunistic real estate funds, Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII L.P. and Blackstone Real Estate Partners VIII L.P.; its third and fourth European real estate funds, Blackstone Real Estate Partners Europe III L.P. and Blackstone Real Estate Partners Europe IV L.P.; its US-focused real estate debt fund, Blackstone Real Estate Special Situations Fund II L.P.; and its acquisition of Stuyvesant-Town Peter Cooper Village in partnership with Ivanhoe Cambridge, a subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- The Carlyle Group in the establishment of its sixth fund dedicated to buyouts and other private equity investments in the United States, Carlyle Partners VI, L.P.
- GSO Capital Partners LP in many fund raises, including the establishment of its first European direct lending fund, GSO European Senior Debt Fund LP; and the establishment of its first and second “capital solutions” fund, Blackstone / GSO Capital Solutions LP and GSO Capital Solutions Fund II LP, as well as numerous separately managed accounts
- Patria Investments in the establishment of its fifth private equity fund, Patria-Brazilian Private Equity Fund V, L.P.
George Washington University Law School, 2005 J.D.
University of Michigan, 2002 B.A.
- Pension Real Estate Association (PREA)
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) Global Advisory Board
New York 2008
California 2005 (inactive)
Shannon O’Sullivan is Senior Counsel in Simpson Thacher’s Corporate Department. Shannon focuses on the organization, structuring and operation of a wide range of private funds, including real estate funds; buyout funds; distressed debt/credit, mezzanine and senior loan funds; energy/infrastructure funds; and hedge funds. She also counsels sponsors on separately managed account arrangements, co-investment vehicles, internal economic arrangements and corporate transactions involving private investment funds.
Shannon has represented leading sponsors of private equity funds such as Blackstone, Carlyle, GSO, Oaktree and Patria.
Shannon is very involved with Girls on the Run, a non-profit organization which strives to inspires girls to be happy, healthy and confident using a creative curriculum that centers on running, and Reading Partners, a non-profit organization which helps children become lifelong readers through individualized tutoring.
Shannon received her J.D., with honors, from George Washington University Law School in 2005. She received her B.A., with honors, from University of Michigan in 2002. Shannon is admitted to practice in New York.