A Partner in our Hong Kong office, Chris Lin is heavily involved in capital markets transactions, M&As, direct investment and project finance transactions in the Greater China area. Chambers said he “wins praise for his diligent and responsive approach to client service,” adding that he is “the first port of call for listing in the U.S.” He has handled transactions in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. His range of clients include Bona Film, Chunghwa Telecom, Focus Media, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley and United Microelectronics. Chris is fluent in Mandarin.
Read Full Biography...
- Focus Media in its $170 million U.S. IPO, various share placements, approximately $3.5 billion going-private transaction and acquisitions of Framedia, Target Media and Allyes Information
- Bona Film in its $99.8 million U.S. IPO and various share placements
- Underwriters in the approximately $2.8 billion Hong Kong IPO of China Railway Group
- Underwriters in the Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings of approximately $1 billion high yield senior notes of Citic Resources
- Underwriters in the Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings of approximately $850 million global depositary shares of Fubon Financial Holding
Columbia Law School, 1992 J.D.
Columbia Law School, 1989 LL.M.
National Taiwan University College of Law, 1984 LL.B.
National Taiwan University College of Law, 1988 LL.M.
- New York State Bar Association
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
New York 1993
Hong Kong 2011
Chris Lin became a Partner of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP in 2001 and is currently a Partner in our Hong Kong office. Chris joined the Firm in 1992 after receiving a J.D. degree from Columbia Law School. Chris is fluent in Mandarin Chinese. Chris has actively participated in many corporate finance, M&A, direct investment and project finance transactions in the Greater China area. Chris was named one of the top 100 IPO lawyers in 2004 by the IPO Lawyer Yearbook.
Chris’s representative transactions include:
- U.S. SEC-registered offerings involving more than 20 PRC companies, including the recent U.S. IPOs of 500.com, Bona Film and Phoenix New Media
- Acquisitions by Focus Media of Framedia, Target Media and Allyes Information
- Rule 144A offerings and Hong Kong Stock Exchange listings involving more than 20 PRC companies, including recent HK IPOs of Conch Venture, Huishan Dairy and Tibet 5100 Water
- Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings of high yield senior notes of Citic Resources Holdings
- Formation of China International Capital Co., a joint venture between China Construction Bank and Morgan Stanley
- U.S. SEC-registered offerings involving eight Taiwan companies, including Chunghwa Telecom, Siliconware Precision and United Microelectronics
- Global private placements of equity securities, bonds or convertible bonds involving more than 50 Taiwan companies, including Cathay Financial Holding, Chinatrust Financial Holding, China Steel, Fubon Financial Holding, Hon Hai Precision, Taiwan High Speed Rail, TPK and Walsin Lihwa
In Hong Kong
- U.S. SEC-registered offerings of equity securities of Chinadotcom
- Rule 144A placement and Singapore Stock Exchange listing of Finance One