Clients turn to us for our deep experience and market leadership in financial services and technology to handle headline transactions and high-stakes disputes across the FinTech sector. FinTech matters require analysis of financial regulations, intellectual property, privacy, personal data and cybersecurity—areas of law that are constantly evolving. Our FinTech Practice takes a collaborative approach to advise clients on novel and complex issues spanning multiple practice areas. Our practice is distinguished by the breadth of our client relationships and industry experience, and our participation in cutting-edge transactions and litigations gives us unique insight into best practices and future issues in the sector.
We have extensive experience in:
- IPOs: All phases of the investment lifecycle for FinTech companies, from pre-IPO financings and reorganizations to IPOs and follow-on offerings or dual-exit strategies
- M&A and Private Equity: Transactions and investments in the FinTech sector, including early stage and growth investments
- Disputes and Investigations: High-profile litigations, investigations and arbitrations across the FinTech sector
- IP and Cybersecurity: Intellectual property, licensing, personal and confidential data, privacy and cybersecurity issues
- Regulatory: Regulations on chartering, licensing and supervisory matters
- Compliance and AML: Anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance, foreign asset controls, market and trading regulation, taxation and consumer protections
- Charters: The establishment of FinTech chartered businesses
- Blockchain: “Smart” contracts using blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
Our clients include FinTech companies and the private investment firms, public companies and financial institutions active in the space.