Over many years, clients have turned to us to advise on major joint ventures, financings, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, and copyright litigation in media and entertainment. Now, as digital technology has revolutionized the media and entertainment industries, Simpson Thacher helps companies manage and finance this sweeping change.
Our experience extends from antitrust and intellectual property to transactions and financing
Our work spans the sector and includes broadcast and cable media, motion pictures, publishing, print and digital media, music and recording, theaters, clubs, sports venues, theme parks, casinos, videogames and interactive entertainment. Our representations have included:
- Silver Lake Partners in its acquisition (with William Morris Endeavor Entertainment) of IMG Worldwide
- Underwriters in the $2 billion offering of senior notes by NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- Chinese digital advertiser Focus Media Limited in connection with a going-private transaction led by Carlyle valued at approximately $3.7 billion
- Universal Studios Japan in connection with its acquisition of theme park rights to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter from Warner Bros.
- ZelnickMedia in connection with its acquisition of Alloy, Inc. and its sale of Alloy Entertainment, LLC to affiliates of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.