Beate Krieger concentrates her practice on advising hedge funds, private equity funds, hybrid funds, funds of funds and investment advisers in connection with their structuring, formation and ongoing operational needs, general securities laws matters, and regulatory and compliance issues.
Read Full Biography...
- Representation of sponsors in forming, structuring and raising hedge funds focused on activist, commodities, credit, distressed, long-short equity, multi-strategy, special situations and other strategies.
- Representation of sponsors in the formation of hybrid funds and funds of funds and in the negotiation of managed account agreements.
- Representation of private equity firms, real estate firms, hedge fund firms and banks in forming, structuring and raising private equity funds across a variety of strategies, including credit, distressed debt, emerging markets, energy, litigation financing, real estate, special situations and structured products.
- Representation of family offices, funds of funds, pension funds and other investors in seed and acceleration capital transactions, strategic investments, and investments in hedge funds, private equity funds, funds of funds, managed accounts, single investor funds, co-investment vehicles and other special purpose vehicles pursuing a variety of strategies.
- Representation of individuals, teams and alternative investment management businesses in the establishment of new alternative investment management firms, spin-outs, seed capital transactions, incubation of managers, restructurings, separation from investment management firms, structuring of general partner and management companies and the design of carry sharing and other compensation arrangements.
- Representation of individuals and institutions in negotiating joint ventures.
- Representation of fund sponsors in secondary transactions.
- Advice on regulatory and compliance issues relating to hedge, private equity and fund of funds managers.
Georgetown University Law Center, 2000 J.D.
Harvard University, 1995 A.B.
Beate Krieger is Senior Counsel in the Corporate Department at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. Beate concentrates her practice on advising hedge funds, private equity funds, hybrid funds, funds of funds and institutional and entrepreneurial asset managers in connection with their structuring, formation and ongoing operational needs, general securities laws matters, and regulatory and compliance issues. Her experience includes representing investment managers in connection with managed accounts and single investor funds and advising investment managers in the structuring of compensation arrangements among principals and employees. Beate also represents fund sponsors and institutional investors in connection with seed and strategic investments and relationships and joint ventures and advises investment managers regarding the structure and sale of their investment management business. She also regularly represents institutional investors in connection with their investment activities.
Beate received her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and her A.B. from Harvard University. She is admitted to practice in New York.