Adam Furber concentrates on private investment funds, an area in which the Firm has a preeminent Asian and international presence. Fluent in multiple languages and having lived on four continents, he brings a uniquely international perspective to his work. Adam is additionally recognized as one of the leading private equity funds lawyers in Asia by Chambers Global and Chambers Asia-Pacific, where clients describe him as “adaptable and flexible in order to accommodate the specific needs of a client.”
Read Full Biography...
- Advantage Partners in multiple fundraisings, including the $2 billion AP IV series funds (the largest, Japan-focused fund ever raised), the $500 million Inflexion series funds and the $250 million AP IV-S series funds
- Yunfeng Capital in multiple fundraisings, including the establishment of the $1.1 billion Yunfeng Fund II, L.P.
- New Horizon in multiple fundraisings, including the establishment of the $1 billion New Horizon China Capital IV, L.P.
- NewQuest Capital in the establishment of NewQuest Asia Fund II, the largest, Asia-based direct secondaries fund (and prior fund)
- SSG Capital in multiple fundraisings, including the establishment of the $915 million SSG Capital Partners III, L.P., the largest, pan-Asia special situations focused fund based in Asia
- JD Capital in the establishment of Jiuding China Growth Fund II, L.P., a China focused growth capital fund
University of Minnesota Law School, 1999 J.D.
Colby College, 1994 B.A.
- New York State Bar Association
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
New York 2000
Hong Kong 2011
Adam Furber is a Partner in Simpson Thacher’s Hong Kong office and the head of the Firm’s Asia Private Funds Practice.
Adam has been recognized as one of only 15 private funds “Thought Leaders” globally by Who’s Who Legal 2018. According to Who’s Who Legal, “Thought Leaders” are individuals who received the most nominations from peers, corporate counsel and other market sources, and are identified as “truly outstanding practitioners and the very best in their field.” Adam has also been recognized as a leading private funds lawyer by IFLR1000 and by Chambers Global and Chambers Asia-Pacific where clients have described him as being “amazingly smart and efficient” and “adaptable and flexible in order to accommodate the specific needs of a client.”
Simpson Thacher’s Asia Private Funds Practice is ranked Band 1 by Chambers Global and Chambers Asia-Pacific and Tier 1 by IFLR1000 and Legal500. The Firm has also won numerous awards including, most recently, “Investment Funds Firm of the Year” at the 2017 Asia Legal Awards.
Adam’s recent experience includes the representation of Advantage Partners, Affinity Equity Partners, Blackstone, Brummer & Partners, CapSquare, Carlyle, Delos, EmergeVest, Integral, J-Star, KKR, Morgan Stanley, NewQuest, Polaris, Unison, VIVO, Yunfeng and Zebra Global.
Adam holds a J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School and a B.A. from Colby College. Prior to joining the Firm, he was an associate at Davis Polk in New York City. He has lived in Brazil, China and Germany and has basic Mandarin skills and is fluent in Portuguese and German. Adam has been based in Asia for more than 15 years.