A Partner in the Firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice, Ben Schaye frequently advises public and private clients on multibillion dollar transactions. He recently represented SunGard in its $9.1 billion sale to Fidelity National Information Services, and Rockwood Holdings in its $6.2 billion merger with Albemarle Corporation. Ben also counsels corporate and private equity clients on spin-off transactions, such as Blackstone’s spin-off of its financial advisory business and PPL Corporation’s spin-off of Talen Energy and concurrent merger of Talen with entities affiliated with Riverstone Holdings. In addition, Ben represents clients in proxy contests, hostile takeover defenses, strategic alliances and joint ventures. He also counsels clients on issues involving corporate governance, fiduciary duties and shareholder activism.
Read Full Biography...
- American Electric Power in the sale of four competitive power plants totaling approximately 5,200 megawatts for approximately $2.17 billion to a newly formed joint venture of funds affiliated with Blackstone and ArcLight Capital Partners LLC.
- SunGard in its $9.1 billion sale to Fidelity National Information Services Inc., the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology solutions and a global leader in consulting and outsourcing solutions.
- The Blackstone Group in the spin-off of its financial and strategic advisory services, restructuring and reorganization of advisory services, and acquisition of Park Hill fund placement businesses and the combination of those businesses with PJT Partners, an independent financial advisory firm founded by Paul J. Taubman.
- PPL Corporation in the spin-off of Talen Energy and the merger of Talen with affiliated entities of Riverstone Holdings.
- The Blackstone Group in its $5.4 billion acquisition of Gates Corporation, its $225 million acquisition of Accuvant, Inc. and its participation in a $575 million equity investment in JDA Software Group, Inc.
- Silver Lake Partners in the sale of IPC Corp. to Centerbridge Partners.
Northwestern University School of Law, 2007 J.D.
Princeton University, 2002 A.B.