Jason Herman focuses on the organization and operation of a breadth of private investment funds, including buyout funds; distressed, mezzanine and other fixed income funds; real estate funds; hybrid funds; hedge funds; and other customized fund arrangements. He represents leading domestic and international sponsors in fund formation matters, including Apax, Carlyle, KKR, Blackstone, GSO, Morgan Stanley, AllianceBernstein, Alvarez & Marsal Capital, Drawbridge, Evercore Partners, Tiger Management, Lightyear Capital and Square Mile Capital Management. Chambers has cited him as “an incredibly strong service provider,” with a gift for approaching issues “with a great sense of practicality.”
Read Full Biography...
- KKR Real Estate in multiple fundraisings, including KKR Real Estate Partners Americas I and II, KKR Real Estate Partners Europe, KKR Real Estate Finance Inc. and KKR Real Estate Credit Opportunity Partners
- KKR Credit in multiple fundraisings, including KKR Mezzanine Partners I and KKR Private Credit Opportunities Partners II
- GSO in the formation of the $1.9 billion GSO European Senior Debt Fund the $5.125 billion GSO Capital Solutions Fund II and GSO Capital Solutions Fund III
- Morgan Stanley in the formation of North Haven Real Estate Fund VIII and IX and Prime Property Fund Asia
- Apax in the establishment of Apax VIII and IX
- AllianceBernstein in the formation of the $680 million AllianceBernstein U.S. Real Estate Partners, its first private equity real estate fund
- Lightyear Capital in its fund-raisings, including most recently the establishment of its third private equity fund, the $950 million Lightyear Fund III
- Square Mile in its fundraisings, including Square Mile Partners IV and V, Square Mile Credit Partners and Square Mile Tactical Partners
Harvard Law School, 2001 J.D.
University of Michigan, 1997 B.A.
with highest distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
New York 2002
New Jersey 2001
Jason A. Herman is a Partner in the Corporate Department at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. Jason focuses on the organization, structuring and operation of a wide range of private investment funds, including buyout funds; distressed, mezzanine and other fixed income funds; real estate funds; hybrid funds; and hedge funds. In addition to traditional private equity fundraising initiatives, Jason regularly advises sponsors with respect to customized fund arrangements, co-investment vehicles, and carry plans and other internal arrangements.
Jason represents leading private equity sponsors in fund formation matters, including Apax, Carlyle, KKR, Blackstone, GSO, Morgan Stanley, AllianceBernstein, Alvarez & Marsal Capital, Drawbridge, Evercore Partners, Tiger Management, Lightyear Capital and Square Mile Capital Management.
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2013 recently selected Jason as an up-and-coming lawyer in private equity fund formation.
Jason received his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2001. He received his B.A., with highest distinction, from the University of Michigan in 1997, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.