Jonathan Goldstein advises clients on the tax aspects of private investment fund formation, financing transactions, corporate restructurings and bankruptcies, cross-border matters, partnerships and other joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions (including tax-free spin-offs). He also regularly counsels a diverse group of clients on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act. At the NYU School of Law, where he earned his LL.M. in taxation, Jonathan won the Harry J. Rudick Memorial Award for “demonstrated excellence in taxation throughout” the program. Jonathan was recently profiled by Law360 as a “Rising Star” in tax for 2017.
Read Full Biography...
- Blackstone in the $23 billion acquisition of real estate assets from GE Capital
- Blackstone Group in multiple fundraisings, including its announced $40 billion Infrastructure program, Blackstone Capital Partners VII, the Blackstone Tactical Opportunities Program and Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies
- Hellman & Friedman in establishment of $10.9 billion private equity fund
- EQT Partners in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Press Ganey, its first direct equity investment in North America
- Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with its acquisition of Scottrade Bank for $1.3 billion, and in the related acquisition by TD Bank's 42% owned affiliate, TD Ameritrade, of Scottrade's brokerage business for a net additional $2.7 billion in cash and stock
- Microsoft in its $28.2 billion acquisition of LinkedIn
New York University School of Law, 2005 LL.M. Taxation
Harry J. Rudick Memorial Award for distinction in the LLM Taxation Program
George Washington University Law School, 2003 J.D.
High Honors, Order of the Coif
University of Rochester, 2000 B.A.
Jonathan Goldstein is a Partner in the Firm’s Tax Department. Jonathan advises clients on private investment fund formation, the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions (including tax-free spin-offs), tax matters regarding financial institutions, financing transactions, corporate restructurings and bankruptcies, cross-border tax matters and partnerships and other joint ventures. Jonathan also regularly provides advice with respect to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) to a diverse group of clients.
Jonathan was recently profiled by Law360 as a “Rising Star” in tax for 2017.
Jonathan received his B.A., with distinction, from the University of Rochester in 2000 and his J.D., with high honors, from George Washington University in 2003, where he was elected Order of the Coif. Jonathan earned an LL.M. in Taxation in 2005 from New York University School of Law, where he was awarded the Harry J. Rudick Memorial Award for distinction in the LL.M. Taxation Program. Jonathan is admitted to practice in New York.