Lynn K. Neuner was named as one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” and “Top 10 Female Litigators” in the United States by Euromoney’s Benchmark Litigation in 2019. She focuses on litigation involving securities, mergers, insurance coverage and false advertising. She has tried cases in federal and state court and conducted dozens of hearings before the National Advertising Division and the Networks. Her work involves the representation of large financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, mega insurers, domestic manufacturers and individual directors and officers.
Her representative experience includes:
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in litigation related to Allen Stanford, orchestrator of one of the largest-ever Ponzi schemes
- Pfizer in domestic and international arbitrations regarding disputes over co-development and distribution agreements
- Travelers in mega insurance coverage cases against Northrop Grumman involving pollution at several sites in Long Island
- Chilean conglomerate Corp Group in an international arbitration regarding shareholder rights in a Colombian bank in excess of $600 million
- Bayer, Merck, and Pfizer in advertising matters impacting Claritin, Advil, Coppertone and Centrum
- Wyeth and Pharmacia in 10b-5 securities cases asserting misrepresentation of side effects of blockbuster drugs for arthritis, pain and depression
- Weight Watchers in a securities class action, derivative suit, and strategic alliance with Oprah Winfrey
- Avianca, the largest airline in Colombia, in a shareholder dispute relating to negotiation of an airline joint venture
- Ingersoll-Rand in a complex commercial trial involving employee stock plan and in a post-closing purchase price adjustment dispute
- Travelers in coverage and bankruptcy trials involving massive asbestos liability
Lynn was honored as a 2018 “Distinguished Leader” by New York Law Journal, which recognizes New York lawyers in leadership roles who have achieved impressive results in the last year. She was once again named to Crain’s New York Business’s “Notable Women in Law” for 2020, a list that recognizes women lawyers “who juggle both distinguished careers and exceptional civic and philanthropic activities.” Lynn is consistently recognized as one of the “Top 250 Women in Litigation” in the U.S. by Euromoney’s Benchmark Litigation, and she is also recognized as a National and New York “Litigation Star” in Securities Litigation. A Benchmark source described Lynn as “one of the most talented lawyers I have seen in my career. She is amazingly adept at predicting client’s needs and is very diligent, works well with other firms, is great on overall legal strategy as well as the day-to-day, offers amazing client service and puts together teams that work efficiently to deliver high-quality work product within a reasonable fee.” Another source said, “Lynn is a mastermind, she's everyone's first choice.” Lynn is recognized by Chambers USA in Litigation: General Commercial, Litigation: Securities, Insurance: Dispute Resolution and Advertising: Litigation, where a source described her as “extremely smart, not just academic but also business-savvy.” She is also described as "a force to be reckoned with" and "an excellent all-around litigator," while a client adds: "she has very good client skills and is one of the best lawyers I've seen in a courtroom." Lynn is also recommended in several areas by The Legal 500, where she is described as an “experienced trial attorney,” and “smart, charming but tough.” Lynn was also recognized as one of the New York County Lawyers Association’s “Outstanding Women in the Legal Profession.” The American Lawyer named Lynn one of the nation’s top “45 Under 45” women attorneys in the country and separately as one of the nation’s top litigation “Rising Stars” in “The Young Litigators Fab Fifty.” She was selected as a David Rockefeller Fellow and is regularly listed in the New York Super Lawyers Metro Edition.
She is a past Vice-President of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and is a former Chair of its Executive Committee. She is a former Chair of the Board for the Yale Law School Alumni Fund. She is currently a member of the Commercial Division Advisory Council and currently serves on the Lawyers’ Committee of the Inner City Scholarship Fund. She is also a former Panel Chair of the Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Judicial Department in New York.
Lynn joined Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP in 1994. She recently served as the Firm’s Co-Administrative Partner and a member of the Executive Committee. She is co-author of the monthly column “New York Court of Appeals Roundup” appearing in the New York Law Journal, which discusses significant decisions by New York’s highest court. Lynn received her J.D. in 1992 from Yale Law School, where she served as Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Yale Journal on Regulation and the Director of the Thomas Swan Barristers’ Union. She received her B.A., summa cum laude, from Williams College in 1989. In 1992–93, she clerked for the Hon. H. Lee Sarokin of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and in 1993–94 she clerked for the Hon. John M. Walker, Jr., of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Lynn is committed to serving veterans through pro bono representation. In 2018, she won a landmark case in the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims that will allow veterans to challenge systemic issues in the VA system using class actions together with the Yale Law School Veterans Clinic. She has also represented individual veterans in direct appeals to the Federal Circuit and with benefits applications to the VA.
Lynn comes to New York from a large family in Rhode Island. She lives in Connecticut with her family.