A career at Simpson Thacher will offer you a wealth of opportunities to develop problem-solving, decision-making and leadership skills. Nonetheless, we understand that most of our lawyers will not spend their entire professional lives at the Firm.
We are proud to have played a central role in the training and development of alumni who have gone on to distinguished careers in both government and the private sector. It is a testament to the collegial atmosphere and close relationships made at Simpson Thacher that many alumni are some of our best clients. Some of our notable alumni are listed below:
- Private Equity: Bain Capital, Blackstone, Carlyle, Evercore, First Reserve, KKR, Oak Hill, Oaktree, Silver Lake
- Financial Services: Barclays, Bank of America, BlackRock, BNY Mellon, Citi, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Fortress, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Lazard, Morgan Stanley, RBC, TD Bank, UBS
- Media: Bloomberg, CBS Corporation, Facebook, Time Inc., 21st Century Fox, Thomson Reuters, Sirius XM, New York Daily News, NBC Universal, Inc.
- Insurance: AIG, MetLife, New York Life Insurance, Travelers, Zurich Insurance Group
- Sports: Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association Big East Conference, Philadelphia 76ers, Miami Dolphins
- News/Entertainment: Daily News, Disney, NBC, Sirius XM, Sony Music, Time, Viacom, Warner Music
- Consumer: Alibaba, Amazon.com, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Blue Apron, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Ralph Lauren, Revlon, Target
- IT/Technology: Adobe Systems, Apple, Facebook, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Palantir Technology, Vimeo
- Nonprofits: Everytown for Gun Safety, Met Museum, National Resources Defense Council, Robin Hood Foundation, Sanctuary for Families, Smithsonian
- Judiciary: U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit; U.S. District Courts (Southern and Eastern District of New York), The Oregon Supreme Court, Supreme Court of Utah
- Prosecutors: U.S. Attorneys’ Offices (Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, District of Columbia, District of Massachusetts, Southern District of Indiana, District of New Jersey, District of Utah, District of Maryland)
- Federal Agencies: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Treasury, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Small Business Administration, U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- State/Local Agencies: New York Attorney General’s Office, Office of the Counsel to the Mayor of New York City