Government and internal investigations can be a highly sensitive, time-consuming ordeal for any company. Large and small companies and their boards, audit and special committees, officers and directors, and other individuals regularly turn to us for advice on a wide range of criminal, regulatory, congressional and other sensitive government inquiries and internal investigations.
Financial institutions, professional services firms, multinational companies, and executives and other professionals rely on our guidance in investigations by the DOJ, U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, the SEC, the CFTC, state attorneys general, district attorneys, the Federal Reserve Bank, FINRA, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations and other regulators throughout the world.
Our matters have included allegations of:
- Securities, accounting and financial fraud
- Investment advisor fraud
- FCPA and anti-corruption violations
- Criminal bid rigging and price fixing
- Insurance and healthcare fraud
- Violations of the False Claims Act and FIRREA
- Intellectual property theft, computer hacking and data breaches
- Violations of OFAC and economic sanctions
- Anti-money laundering violations
- Misconduct by senior executives (including fraud, expense account abuse, and sexual misconduct)